Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Electric Zoo Fest

Womp womp is a sound everyone at Randel's Island could agree they heard and loved. As thousands of people poured into NYC to participate in the largest MC, Dubstep, Wobble, Electronic, Trance, Techno Festival their pupils began to dilated, their hearts pulsed to the beat of the bass, and their spirits began to soar. On labor day weekend (Sept 4 and 5 2010) Randel's Island was host to a myriad of people of all ages, races, ethnicities, musical tastes, fashion, and mentalities. But everyone had something in common the love of the music and the feeling of togetherness.

Over 6o artists performed destroying the concept that music shouldn't be played louad and shouldn't shake the very fiber of your being both physically and mentally. As a huge fan of these genres of music I was estatic to be able to go both day and share this experience with good friends and make new friends while dancing my shoes off (literally)

The venue was on Randel's Island and had four tents all of which had artist after artisst performing from 11 am to 11 at night. I was very excited to see some of my favorite artists such as "Rusko, Fake Blood, Laidback luke, A-Trak, Boyz Noize, Afrojack, Steve Aoki, and others. I was also able to experience other djs that I had never been exposed to and broadened my musical horizions greatly.

My favorite sets were that of Afrojack, Fake Blood, Steve Aoki, and Laidback Luke. I was expecting bigger things from Rusko who is one of my all time favorite artist, however his set was more mash up and remix of hip hop rappish club songs, and less dubstep which is true musical style. My favorite set was hands down Laidback Luke on the Main Stage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DfUMcbjkfo

I encourage anyone looking for a full body, spiritual, and auditory experience to plan on going to the Zoo next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment