Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Polarized Idiots and a Medium Called Blogs



Definitions for blog:
Blogs: A blog (a contraction of the term "web log") is a type of website, usually maintained by an individual with regular entries of commentary, descriptions of events, or other material such as graphics or video. Entries are commonly displayed in reverse-chronological order

Blogs - website that allows users to reflect, share opinions, and discuss various topics in the form of an online journal while readers may comment on posts. a shared on-line journal where people can post diary entries about their personal experiences and hobbies.

Ya well guess what no one cares. I don't care about your little kitty cat, or what you ate today, or what you think of the rising social/cultural affairs. I much rather read from a newspaper, or a book, or actual journalist who can communicate. Who can communicate and tell me something about the world around me. I cannot even write what I want to say on this forum or through this medium because it literally burns my soul. I don't want to be part of the blogging culture. Alas I have to because I am in a class that requires me to do such. So I, after a lot of time, thinking, and booze... I have decided to write how blogging is a harmful technological development that effects accuracy of material, knowledge, perception, rhetoric, and information.

When trying to do research most students bring up Google and type their topic into the search engine. However the results that turn up are not just scholarly articles or books, but blogs. Here are some of the main problems with blogs:

-no one monitors what is put out there
-people use screen names so you don't know who is saying what
-no one has qualifications, title, degrees, it is just their opinion on the subject whether the facts are right or wrong
-its just a way for people to complain (like me) about things they don't like in the world without having to do anything about it or making any constructive changes
-it always turns into people arguing opposite sides, which results in slander, threats, and a fallacy in rhetoric called argumentum ad hominem
-Then when people are done spewing their nonsense the thread dies and that it no resolution

The list goes on and on forever. I know your going to ask me what this has to do with technology. I'll tell you it is the worst technological advancement next to that damn singing bass(the fish). Ya and guess what... you can argue all day and night because I am blogging and everything I say is acceptable. Ya take that bloggers I can play your game. I can rant and say blanketing statements that have no real facts to validate them. So argue with me! For example my teacher is going to bombard me in an email saying my blog was poor, lacking grammar syntax and vaguely interesting. But it doesn't matter because blogs are people's subjective opinions on a web forum. Blogs allow people to say and argue whatever they want all behind the amenity of a goofy ass name and goofy ass avatar. So I can say that blogs are destroying society, culture because of their existence and it technology. I can also say that blogging literally pains me to the point where I have machinations about self mutilating myself with a pen in my femoral artery. Furthermore having to read blogs makes also what to shove my head in an oven. I don't care what bloggers have to say, just like nobody whats me talk in class or in this blog...you know why? Because no one cares. If you do care it is most likely because you live in a chair (in grandma's basement) and never touch reality, rather you sit and play world of Warcraft! Notice also everything I said blogs do or make people say is true, because it just made me do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment