Wednesday, November 10, 2010

How to Better Your Math Score


Growing up, the subject math was never one of my strong points. I prevailed in subjects such as recess, gym, and of course lunch. In high-school I always found my-self staying after school with my teacher or tutor getting extra held and learning strategies that i always seemed to forget. My first two years of college were no better, the general education requirements made me take classes such as College Algebra, and Pre-Calculus. College Algebra was the worst, I failed it the first go around, and had to take it again in the Spring Semester.

If there was a way to improve your math skills by jolting your brain with electricity, would you do it? Well professors at the University of Oxford discovered a method called transcranial direct current stimulation (TDCS). What TDCS does is send a slight current through the brain into the parietal lobe where numbers and equations are processed. Scientist have studied and shown that patients who have undergone the TDCS treatment have retained more strategies, equations, and mathematic symbols opposed to those who did not undergo treatment.

If this was around when I was growing up then I probably would have considered this process, but since I finished all of my math requirements and the only math I have to do now is managing money, I really don't need it. But this is an interesting break through in technology, maybe in the near future all learning deficiencies will be cured.

No comments:

Post a Comment