Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Is Kik the Real Deal?


In the past two or three years, blackberry mobile phones have blown up. Just about every person knows about them and wants them. Some argue that the iphone is better and that most people prefer that instead, but the truth was that everyone wanted to experience BBM, Black Berry Messenger. I was one of those who wondered what was so good about bbm, but when I got my first blackberry almost a year ago, I understood why. The ability to communicate instantly and effortlessly with buddies in an ongoing conversation, knowing when your message has been sent, received, and read is what made bbm so great. However, going back to my previous statement, apple users might think otherwise.

That’s when the idea of kik comes in. Kik is a messaging application in which any mobile service phone can download and have, unlike a bbm, where only blackberry holders have it. Kik was launched around late October and has over 1.5 million users now. It has been designed to give you the same experience bbm gives you and more. Some of the things that Kik is planning on having are privacy settings, preventing people from adding you if you don’t add them first, and photo sharing. According to many people, Kik should blow up and maybe even eventually
compete and maybe even beat blackberry messenger.

I personally don’t care about kik. Just about every one of my friends has a blackberry so I see no point in adding, something that won’t do me much good, to my phone. Also, some of the people who have downloaded kik say it’s slow and doesn’t even work, but maybe that was just them. So I guess I’ll let you decide: Is kik the real deal?

http://enterprisepost.com/mobile/blackberry/what%E2%80%99s-kik-messenger-all-about.html

http://www.intomobile.com/2010/11/15/kik-messenger-pulled-blackberry-app-world/

http://www.thirdage.com/news/kik-messenger-gets-good-start-after-october-relaunch_11-4-2010

No comments:

Post a Comment