Wednesday, November 3, 2010

KIK Me


I don't have Black Berry and I do not wish to purchase one. But their is on feature that is unique to the Blackberry, and that is the Black Berry Messenger. Originally designed for the corporate world Blackberry Messenger (abbreviated BBM) is a proprietary Instant Messenger application included on newer model Blackberry devices. It was developed by Research in Motion. Most of my friends are not in the corporate world and use BBM as another form of social networking. I have and Android phone, and the similar feature to the Black Berry's BBM is Google Talk. I have had my phone for over 6 months now and have not used Google Talk once.

What Makes BBM so much better than Google Talk (GTalk), they are essentially the same thing, GTalk actually has more features such as being signed in on multiples phones, unlike BBM which has a designated pin for a specific phone. And GTalk can be linked to a PC or Laptop making it easier to respond to people rather than picking up the phone to respond when doing business on the computer. Is it that more people have Black Berry's phones rather than Android phones, or the unwritten rules of popularity state that BBM is better?

Since I don't have a Black Berry I am left out of the BBM loop, and no one ever uses GTalk so this feature on my phone is useless. The new craze that is going around is this application called Kik. Kik Messenger is the only cross-platform instant messaging app that provides message receipts similar to those available with Blackberry Messenger. Receipts tell u
sers when messages are sent, delivered and read, and when friends are typing a reply.With lightning-fast delivery, every message and message receipt appears in real-time. This makes messaging with Kik feel almost like a real conversation. I have been telling my friends to download this app so we all can stay connected while leaving no one out. So far it has been working, Kik has added over 150,000 new users in the past 24hrs and shows no sign of slowing down.


So with that said "KIK" Me: Swagmar

No comments:

Post a Comment