Tuesday, September 21, 2010

iphone 4 flop

Innovation and technology go hand in hand. There is a constant push for new and improved technological products. Although this is true, the new products that are released are not always better. They may have new and improved features but they may have terrible flaws as well. A family member of mine use to always warn me, “don’t be the first to try out a new gadget”. Give the rest of the world a chance to figure out the problems before you waste your money on something that doesn’t work. I have been pretty good about sticking to these words of wisdom. That’s what they are to me anyway.

Some people desire to be the first to own cool new phones. Personally, I would rather wait and see how other people react to them. Maybe I can even test out a friend’s before I take the leap and invest on a new piece of technology.

The iphone 4 was hyped up and many people couldn’t wait for it to come out. When it finally did come out, many including myself were impressed with some of its features. Obviously I didn’t get my own, I checked out my best friends. After my initial excitement over the phone I found that it was somewhat irritating. There are more pixels yet the improved clarity of the images displayed on the screen doesn’t do much for me. Big deal it’s a little sharper. Face time is pretty cool but it kind of freaks me out. It’s not for me. A more fragile structure. That's a definite NO NO for me.

AT&T advertises that the “ iphone 4 changes everything. Again“. Sure changes were made but I truly don’t see that many changes that make the iphone 4 a better phone. On paper this phone has numerous advances over the previous iphone but that’s on paper. How does it perform?
iphone-3gs-vs-iphone-4

To me, a phone’s main function should be to make calls. I can do everything I can think of with this phone but make a successful phone call. This phone drops more of my calls than any other phone I have used. Oh wait, it’s because I’m holding my friend’s phone wrong. I didn’t know that I had to take a class on how to hold a cell phone.




Some people seem to love this phone despite a few faults. Maybe I’m just a brat and don’t like to change my mind once I have an opinion about something. BUT, it seems that others are not all that fond of the flaws that come with the iphone 4 either. Frankly, I’d be pissed if I actually bought my own iphone 4 and had all of these problems.

“Don’t be the first to try out a new gadget”.

No comments:

Post a Comment