Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Cyber Monday Takeover

Black Friday is a day that I want nothing to do with. I don't like people as it is, never mind standing in never ending line for hours with people who turn into animals over the last Xbox 360 Kinect. Sales on Black Friday are incredible but I can't be bothered. Every year my friends get hyped up to go to the Wrentham Outlets and try to convince me to come. It fails every time. I'd love to be a part of it but I would go absolutely insane. I'm sure many people feel the same way.
<--- NO THANK YOU People like to shop. People LOVE to shop when there are sales. Since Black Friday is such a hit, an online version of the 'holiday' would be awesome. It would allow people to benefit from all the great sales but relieve themselves of the headaches and desire to knock out the obnoxious people that surround them. In 2004 Black Friday raked in approximately 8 billion dollars. That statistic and those from previous years surged the birth of Cyber Monday, the online version of Black Friday.



Data and statistics derived from years of Black Friday were used to change the way people shop for the holidays. Although sales continue to increase for both Black Friday and Cyber Monday, I know for a fact that there are people who no longer venture out on that terrifying Friday. A few of my cousins told me this year they wouldn't be caught dead in the chaos of Black Friday. They said they have all they need in the comfort of their own homes on Cyber Monday. I believe that if Cyber Monday continues to grow, Black Friday will soon be no big deal. Cyber Monday reeled in 887 million dollars this year, 1 5 percent increase from last year. Black Friday sales only increased by .3 percent.
Although Cyber Monday may have revolutionized early shopping for holiday gifts, there could be a downside. It may sound insane but some people enjoy the Black Friday Rush. They like crowds, the day long adventure of standing in lines for hours before stores open and the battles over the 'last one'. The data may analyze the data in the wrong way. Maybe people like both Black Friday and Cyber Monday and if in the future Black Friday is erased, it would be a huge mistake. Cyber Monday is a perfect solution for my problems with Black Friday but no everyone else feels the same way.

No comments:

Post a Comment